NoCode Developer / Implementation Specialist
About Avenue One
Avenue One is a prop-tech service platform, streamlining institutional capital’s access to the Single-Family Rental industry. We are backed by large private equity investors and are trusted to deploy billions of dollars for our clients across the largest asset class in the world, residential real estate.
The product we are creating is a rehabilitated investment property with a paying renter (aka Single Family Rental Properties). In a nutshell, we buy houses, fix them up, and rent them out, thus creating an income generating investment for our clients.
The process consists of sourcing, analyzing, pricing, underwriting, transaction management, title, closing, construction (scheduling, management, supply chain & execution), leasing, and property management (rent collection, repair & maintenance, and asset management.)
We are challenging dated business models by embracing vetted national and local partners from across the country, allowing for exceptional scale and efficiency. With that scale comes the need for strategic organization, logistics oversight and supply chain management. This is accomplished within a tight-knit, flat organization of accomplished and determined professionals.
We’re still in stealth mode today, but big announcements will be coming soon.
As a Technical Product Management team member, you will take ownership of new platform features, as well as individual products. Working with senior leadership, stakeholders, subject matter experts and end users, you will determine specific business needs and then create the necessary product requirements that will act as the blueprint for software development & configuration. By leveraging off-the-shelf, configurable platforms, you will personally create proof-of-concept and MVP stage products for use in production environments. This includes platform configuration, user acceptance testing, feature sell-in & rollout, training, and ensuring positive customer experiences & success metrics. Beyond POC and MVP, you will work with configuration specialists and solutions implementation teams to further iterate on the products created using no-code platforms. This is a complex, and challenging role that will require the right mix of product management, project management and relationship management.
Responsibilities & Deliverables:
- Translate technical requirements into working software, using configurable platforms.
- Work with key stakeholders across functional disciplines to design & create useful and delightful solutions.
- Demonstrate ownership and accountability for product solutions.
- Working in scrum team/agile methodology.
- Leverage off the shelf, configurable solutions (i.e. AppSheet, bubble.io, Unqork, etc) to create proof of concept, MVP and Production stage products that will leveraged by operational teams to conduct business immediately.
- Assist in the specific product/service releases in collaboration company department heads
- Communicate issues and seek support in a timely manner to eliminate roadblocks and drive collaboration, speed, innovation, excellence and a fun work environment
- Contribute creatively to broader team and participate in team’s innovation and new/transformational concept development activities and drive greater employee engagement
- Demonstrated ability to leverage off the shelf platforms to develop and configure proof-of-concept and MVP stage products (Internal & Client Facing)
- User Centric design: Ability to think like a product manager. Have empathy for the end user.
- Portfolio of shipped software that demonstrates excellence in user experience design, wireframing, and user feedback loops, including both qualitative and quantitative user research.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Ownership and “can do” attitude with the passion to own and drive execution. Proven track record of launching great products working with large cross-functional and geographically distributed teams
- Flexibility & ability to adapt to nimble environments and changing demands (e.g. experience within startups and/or vendor positions working directly with clients.)
- Managing product integrations with external systems
- Real Estate industry experience (e.g. familiar with the steps of buying & selling homes, property rehabs, fix & flip, mortgage underwriting/loan processing, or similar).
- Financial Investment industry experience (knowing the vernacular of our investors and clients).
- Experience in creation of enterprise web platforms (e.g. ERPs or CRMS)
- Familiar with Jira product management software
Remote or NYC
- Our team is 50% remote and 50% located in the NYC offices (Manhattan). Those in the NYC area are welcome to work onsite as much as they’d like. Those outside of the area are welcome to work remote, expected to travel to NYC 3-4x a year, but can travel to NYC for onsite work as much as they’d like.